- Feature Links
- Streets Alive
Horace Streets Alive
- When: July 22, 2018 Noon to 5:00pm
- Where: Freed Park, Horace, ND
- Cost: Free
Horace is hosting its inaugural “Streets Alive” event for residents to get out and enjoy our great city. The fun open-street festival is a way for families to bike and walk for fun. Come to Freed Park on July 22 from noon to 5:00. Bring your bike to ride or walk the 4k route through town. The event is free and everyone is welcome.
What to do at Streets Alive? Walk, bike, roll, dance, play, and hang out with neighbors and friends. Enjoy the summer afternoon in the park and around your community with your neighbors and friends. Spontaneous and unscheduled activity is encouraged, from lemonade stands to four square games. A few activities include:
- Bring your bike to ride the course. Get your neighbors to walk the route for fun.
- Bike challenge course sponsored by Cass County Sheriffs office at Horace Elementary
- Kite flying in Freed Park - Bring your own or a few will be provided
- Hula Hoop and Skip Ball dance in Freed Park
- Join the Just For Kix dance group for some active dancing and fun
- Chalk sidewalk drawing contest at the corner of Center Ave and County 17
- ND Moves demonstration project at Center Ave and County 17
- Barrel train rides for younger kids at Freed Park
Bring your favorite activity to the park to share with your neighbors
Streets Alive bike/walking route:
- Start: Freed Park
- Center Ave to Sheyenne Dr
- Wall Ave to Main St
- Ironwood to Chestnut Dr
- Bike path to Main St
- End: Freed Park
- Length is 3.7 kilometers
THANK YOU to our current Sponsors:
|Cass County Sheriff's Office||City of Horace||SignPro of Fargo|
|Maple Family Dental||Ohnstad Twichell||Big Erv's|
|Just for Kix Horace||Interstate Engineering||Horace Park Board|
|Horace Lions||Jesse Jahner for Sheriff||Mike Kjera for Sheriff |
Volunteers and Sponsors Needed
Building a healthy, vibrant community requires the collaboration of many individuals and partner organizations. We need YOU to help us bring the Streets Alive. Consider:
- Volunteering to support the fun-filled afternoon of events and community gathering.
- Sponsors or groups can assist with making this a fun-filled family event. Sponsor an event or provide materials or funds. Need your ideas.
- Contact StreetsAlive@cityofhorace.com for more information.